I've been working non stop on my civil war petticoat which will fit over my hoop...needless to say its a very large petticoat. This petticoat, like many from that time, has three sets of nine tucks...for decoration of course. So i've spend my entire day working on cutting the fabric, all 120 inches of it and working on two of the three sets of tucks. I still have one more set of nine to finish but alas i must save that for tomorrow or i might just loose my mind. So i've been in this room (sewing room) for..oh god too long and feel very content at the work that i've gotten done. All ready this week i started work on my actual dress and got the skirt cut out, hemmed and put the kick(a strip of fabric put on so that when you step on your dress or catch it with your shoe it doesn't hurt your dress). I also cut out the fabric for my inner petticoat but have yet to put the hem in or the four tucks that are needed. I must say after the amount of tucks i've done today four tucks doesn't sound like much at all...fools work i say!
i need sleep.
1 comment:
somebody needs a j-o-b. :P
Post a Comment