This past weekend I got the chance to volunteer at the Glessner House Museum on there Haunted Tours. It turned out to be a lot of fun, where i got to be 1st person in my own act. There's nothing like walking the streets in my civil war get-up. Becky and I were brainstorming new ideas for what could be improved in the program. Its an exciting thing to do.
I'm also probably going to be involved in the museum's December "candle light tours" which i'm looking forward to. I think, but not quite sure, that i'd like to volunteer more at this museum. I got to talk a bit with some of the people that run it and i really liked what i saw. Also I got a mini tour on Halloween of the Glessner House and it was creapy and amazing at the same time. This house is HUGE! The Glessner's were one of the richest families around Chicago during the 1880's. They have a school room, seperate area of the house for all the servant's areas plus three seperate rooms for the kitchen area. A full room for a pantry (forget a closet) and room to cook, with an amazing coal stove, and a prep room (or it might be?)
I def want to go on a tour of that house and the Clark House, which is where we took the picture above.
No comments:
Post a Comment