Thursday, October 30, 2008

something to love


To someone else these might all look like silly images, however to me its an interest that i plan to make a life out of. THIS is one of my passions, its true i have many, some being illustration, traveling, reading etc. This hobby of mine is one i hold very dear to my heart. I've loved history ever since i was little and had a special interest in Civil War attire. I'm now not only interested in what people, especially what women wore, but also how campers lived, what happened to people during that time in such a high alert time. Researching these things captivates me the way book clubs captivate others. There's so much i want to make for myself and there's so much to learn...that excites me.

I have met plenty of people that support my interest but its those who think its petty and a waste of time/money; that hurt the most. Costuming is part of who i am, recreating the past is something i love.

I'm excited to do more reenacting and plan to do much more of it next year. In the mean time i'm going to be making more clothes for myself and saving up money to buy camping supplies and gear. This is a hobby that started off working at Greenfield Village and now is something i plan to go on doing in my free time.

No comments: