Sunday, July 22, 2007

such a thing as being burnt out

This has possibly been one of the craziest weekends I've had working in a long time. These past three days I've been working at Firestone Farm and on sat i also worked at Disney from 5-10pm. Friday i stayed up late, or shall i say early? I went and got the new harry potter book however i couldn't even read it right away...bummer. On sat when i got home at 3:40pm i slept until 4:20pm then went to work until 9:30 and passed out at about 11pm. I am still tired from yesterday because Friday and sat was wheat harvest at the farm which just means it was crazy and non stop. We fed 16 people, many of them some hungry guys.

Today i worked again at the farm, nine until five pm. It was an interesting bunch. There is this newer lady Marci that works there. When she first started there was talk, as usual, however it turns out she's a great gal and someone i love to joke around with. There's also a newbie Andrew who also turned out to not be that bad. I believe Marci has joined in on our farm craziness however Andrew isn't quite there yet, close, but not yet. We made a HUGE dinner, sat for a long time, and had some lovely coffee; i was happy. I didn't have to do any more dishes since i did them the last two days. PLUS when i did dishes those days it was 3 hours worth of dishes that never ended! I talked with Heidi who came to visit then helped Andrew put the chickens in the coop which really is something i wanted to do because i actually think its fun.
Ma and i worked on the hem of my regency dress and all three of us went to A&W to eat supper. Now I'mplanning on reading some harry potter!

No comments: