Thursday, September 13, 2007

pickled peppers

i have yet to talk about my new love in canning. I successfully canned 4 jars of pickles and from that i have now bought 12 pints, and 12 jam jars and an 4 extra sauce jars! I also bought the blue ball(canning company) book which talks about different recipes and how long they need to be processed. Why am i excited about this you might ask. Well let me tell you. I can now preserve my own dips, sauces, jams and pickled items instead of relying on 2007 preserved goods which half the time i can't understand whats in them....don't i sound like I'm living in 1885! ekk! This weekend i'm canning spiced honey peaches(i think thats the name) woo hoo!

other things i'm doing this weekend: renaissance fest w/jenica who just so happen to win some FREE tickets so i'm goin for nothin!!

I turned in the keys to the apt today. Its all done with, kinda sad to move everything out and walk the hallway for the last time. Reminded me for a second of France but then i decided that everything i need is with me. I have boo (who i drove back home) and all my stuff. The apt was just a space for me, never really like a home. I'm not sure if that was my fault or just due to the fact that it was never really mine to begin with. I suppose that for the last month and a half it felt like mine until k8 moved most of the stuff out, then it just felt like an odd place to live.

got the bed all to herself, whose a happy cat now! Also i love having three cats in the house, So here i am now, in my room with boo on the bed looking rather suave. That's right Boojane'si'm in cat heaven!

p.s. website is up, i'm still working on it but thats what i have for now.

www.allietomkie.com

2 comments:

Kate said...

remember to give boo a small space to adjust to at first--shes used to apts, not houses, so if she has too much roaming space she could end up forgetting how to get back to the litterbox.


have fun with the canning!

Unknown said...

she mostly stays upstairs right now. while i'm away though she has the house all to herself. :)