So i'm officially back in Chicago, this time i'm here to stay. We've had a nasty couple of days here. It rained all day long on Saturday and a good amount of Sunday too. Mom was here for the wkend and we had a lot of fun. We had dinner Friday night at Joy's Noodle and Rice restaurant. We sat outside and enjoyed Rama beef (my fav!). On Saturday we all went downtown and walked around by the DIA. Ma and i went shopping at watertower and ventured over to the infamous bra shop {intimate}. I know that bench well now. I can still remember when kerry and i were waiting for ma and sandy, kerry was fuming about something and i was trying to amuse myself, and her, by looking at the over sized Christmas tree and taking funny pictures on my phone. This time i was looking at a store front wishing i could buy new clothes, especially this cute sweater they had on display, alas i have no money for that. I looked around at William Sonoma which is one of my fav stores. We got poured on, on Sunday. Ma and i did go out to eat at Ann Sathers and god bless them they have the BEST ruben sandwich i've ever had. We saw the art fair, got more soaked and later we all went out to La Creperie had my #1 fav nutella et banana crepe, amazing!
So alas i'm done with the village and getting myself all set for my reenacting future. I'm going to be doing some fun stuff in October with Becky Joe, a friend from the village who also lives in Chi-town. My goal is to find myself a corset, since the village took away my crusty four year old corset....really why not give that thing to me? I have all these sewing projects i want to do but no sewing machine and no money to buy the fabric (muslin). Also jo ann's is far away, too far away.
I did get a new GLORIOUS super soft robe from Costco that i now LOVE. Its chocolate brown and have i mentioned i'm in love with this thing? I'm prepairing to do some major cooking. yum
1 comment:
....hmm....i seem to remember you being frustrated outside the bra shop too...because we'd been waiting outside a bra shop for 2 hours hungry...
Post a Comment